Celebrate the holidays with your family as you connect traditions to God’s word and grow closer to your children with these worksheets for kids.
WHY SHOULD WE CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS WITH OUR FAMILY?
I love a reason to celebrate something. Dress up days at school, planning birthday parties and Christmas shopping excite me. I have been pretty intentional the past few years in making sure that I have something fun planned for one holiday a month.
But there’s more to my madness than painting Easter eggs and picking out Halloween costumes. It’s not so much about the fireworks for the 4th of July or the Christmas presents under the tree.
I want to create a habit in my children of joy and gratitude all year long. To teach them to remember those who came before us (4th of July, St. Patrick’s Day) and honor those who are in our lives now (birthdays, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day).
WHAT BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES CAN CELEBRATING THE HOLIDAYS WITH OUR FAMILY TEACH US?
The Bible is filled with celebrations and traditions given from God and passed down to his children. God wants us to acknowledge the importance of remembering the past and the lessons we have learned. He gave us the Sabbath to rest, and Passover to remember his faithfulness. Here are some ways you can honor God each holiday:
- NEW YEAR’S – The reminder that we should pursue transformation and renewal
- VALENTINE’S DAY – God is love and we are called to love one another
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY – Celebrating our heritage, wherever we come from
- EASTER – Learning about why Jesus came to Earth
- END OF SCHOOL – Celebrating accomplishment and enjoying a time of rest
- FATHER’S DAY – Honoring our parents
- 4TH OF JULY – Remembering God’s faithfulness and celebrating our freedom
- BACK TO SCHOOL – The importance of study and applying what we learn
- GRANDPARENT’S DAY – Honoring our elders and learning from their wisdom
- HALLOWEEN – Focusing on being a light to others
- THANKSGIVING – Gratitude for God’s goodness and blessings
- CHRISTMAS – Celebrating the birth of our Savior
CELEBRATE GOD’S GOODNESS ALL YEAR LONG
Over the years, I’ve created several worksheets and activities for my kids. This year, I want to be more intentional in connecting them to the things we believe and honoring God as we move through the seasons.
Each month, we work on a specific character trait as we celebrate each holiday. In addition, I have 4 seasonal bucket lists to make sure we always have something fun to do when we need it!
DOWNLOAD YOUR HOLIDAY WORKSHEETS FOR KIDS
You can get all 12 months of printable activities in this Holiday Activities for Christian Families Printable Set. It’s over 50 pages of activities for every kid in your family! Order one set and print as many as you need. We do these activities each month and my children look forward to what’s coming even if they’ve already done it the previous year.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
For more posts on celebrating the holidays with your family and creating new traditions, check out:
- 10 Things to Do with Kids on New Year’s Eve
- Celebrate Love This Valentine’s Day with Your Family
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day as a Family This Year
- Fun Family Easter Activities
- Printable Itinerary Full of Family Activities on Thanksgiving Day
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES: