Last updated June 17, 2020
Hi, I’m Amy Senter, the author of the website, Amy Senter | Intentional Living. My website address is: https://amysenter.com. You can contact me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or via my contact form. I will respond back to your message as soon as possible.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Amy Senter (“I”, “me”, “my” or “myself”) operates http://www.amysenter.com (the “Site”).
INFORMATION COLLECTION, BUSINESS PURPOSE AND USE
While using the Site, I may ask you to provide me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, and password.
I may use your personal information to:
- Send you newsletters from time to time (usually weekly)
- Manage contacts and send messages
- Ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request which may be of interest to you
- Carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and myself
- Interact with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media widgets and share bars)
- Allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
- Allow access to third party services’ accounts
- Monitor infrastructure
- Manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- Carry out remarketing and behavioral targeting (including display ads)
- Display content from external platforms
- Carry out commercial affiliation (e.g. display ads)
- Interact with support and feedback platforms
- Manage user database
I collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device. Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s and GDPR’s scope.
In particular, I have collected the following categories of personal information from my users within the last twelve (12) months:
- IDENTIFIERS: Examples —A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- COMMERCIAL INFORMATION: Examples—Records of personal property, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- INTERNET OR OTHER SIMILAR NETWORK ACTIVITY: Examples—Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
- GEOLOCATION DATA: Examples—Physical location or movements.
I obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you submit or transactions related to products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from your browser while visiting the Site.
- From third parties. For example, from my business partners or service providers.
I do not intentionally collect or use the personal information of minors under sixteen (16) years of age or sell it with or without affirmative authorization.
Like many site operators, I collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
I collect information about visitors who comment on the Site using Akismet anti-spam service. The information I collect includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their username, email address and the comment itself).
If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Site can download and extract any location data from images on the Site.
WHAT COOKIES ARE
These cookies are known as “first-party cookies”. I may also recognize, collect, and/or track information through cookies set by third parties. These cookies are known as “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies are used to perform tasks related to advertising, and analytics, and to enable interactive features such as sharing or commenting. Some third parties collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the user.
The information that my first-party cookies or third-party cookies recognize, collect, and/or track may include information about your devices, browsing actions, and patterns, such as among others, the type of computer you use, your internet service provider, your browser type, your location, your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, your traffic pattern through the Site.
WHAT COOKIES I USE
I use the following categories of cookies on the Site:
- ANALYTICS COOKIES: These cookies collect information about your use of the Site, such as for instance, browsing actions, and patterns, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, your traffic pattern through the Site. Through the collection of this information, I am able to monitor and analyze web traffic to the Site. User behaviors may be recognized, collected, and/or tracked. I use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic to the Site. Google utilizes the data recognized, collected, and/or tracked on the Site to prepare reports on traffic activities. This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. Google may use the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked to personalize the ads of its advertising network and may share the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked with other services.
- CUSTOMIZATION COOKIES: These cookies allow the Site to save information and details such as your username to optimize your experience on the Site and provide personal features.
- Facebook Like button and Facebook social widgets: The Facebook Like button and Facebook social widgets are application allowing interaction with the Facebook social network.
- Twitter Tweet button and Twitter social widgets: The Twitter Tweet button and Twitter social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Twitter social network.
- Instagram Button and Instagram social widgets: The Instagram button and Instagram social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Instagram social network.
- Pinterest Pin It button and Pinterest social widgets: The Pinterest Pin It button and Pinterest social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Pinterest social network.
- Linked In button and Linked In social widgets: The Linked In button and Linked In social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Linked In social network.
- Goodreads button and Goodreads social widgets: The Goodreads button and Goodreads social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Goodreads social network.
- YouTube video widget: YouTube is a video sharing website that allows this Site to incorporate video content on its pages and posts.
- TARGETING OR ADVERTISING COOKIES: These cookies record your browsing actions and patterns on the Site, such as among others, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. The information recognized, collected, and/or tracked by these cookies is used to make the Site and the advertising displayed by way of links or banners on the Site more relevant to your interests. For the same purpose, this information may also be shared with third parties, such as Google AdSense.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You have the right to accept or reject cookies. Strictly necessary cookies may not be rejected since they are essential to enable you to browse the Site and use its features. Should you reject cookies, you will still be able to use the Site although certain features and functionalities may not be available to you and/or certain areas may be restricted.
You can manage preferences for cookies directly from within your own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this Site.
You can find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer) on the website of the browser of choice.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GDPR
I may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I am subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in myself;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by myself or by a third party.
I process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between myself and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- Personal data collected for the purposes of my legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- I may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- I may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless I provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or serving my users (such as, for example, Mailchimp and Google’s Gmail), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce the Site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, I have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (See examples in each category above)
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
I disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Third parties whose services you purchase through the Site.
- Social Media Networks.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Users based in the European Union have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by myself, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, I will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the Site.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting me at email@example.com or via this form:
Please identify yourself via e-mail
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as soon as possible and always within thirty (30) days.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
Users who reside in California have the right to request any of the following:
- Disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of personal information I have collected
- Deletion of personal information I have collected from you
- Disclosure of the categories of personal information I have collected, the categories of sources from which I collected it, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling it, the categories of third parties with whom I share it, and the specific pieces of personal information I have collected
- Disclosure of the categories of personal information I collected or sold and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of these privacy rights.
Requests can be submitted by you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via this form:
Please identify yourself via e-mail
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as soon as possible and always within forty-five (45) days.
YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF THE SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the CCPA, “sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
As per the CCPA definition, selling personal information includes disclosing information to a third party by using analytics tools, running ads or having social media pixels and plugins installed.
Users who reside in California have the right to opt out of the sale of personal information.
Requests to exercise your right to opt out can be submitted by you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf by email to email@example.com and by following the link below and submitting your request via this form:
NON DISCRIMINATION AND NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVES
I will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, I will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, I may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels.
Any financial incentive I offer will reasonably relate to the value of your personal information and will describe the material terms of the financial incentive program. Participation in any financial incentive program offer requires your prior consent to opt in, which you may revoke at any time.
I do not use financial incentive practices that are unjust, unreasonable, coercive, or usurious in nature.
The security of your personal information is important to me.
My website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to my Site as safe as possible.
I use regular Malware Scanning through Securi.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
I implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CalOPPA (CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
I agree to users visiting the Site anonymously.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), I hereby disclose that I do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third-party sources.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
For the collection of personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years old, I comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
The Site is intended for individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
By visiting and using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
The Site is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age.
I do not specifically market to children under thirteen (13) years of age. I do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age.
If you are under thirteen (13) years of age, please do not use the Site or provide any information on the Site, including your name, screen name, username, address, telephone number, email address, and payment details.
If I learn I have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen (13) years of age without verification of consent from a parent or guardian, the personal information collected or received shall be deleted with no delay.
If you believe I might have any information concerning a child under thirteen (13) years of age, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via my contact form and I will endeavor to delete such information with no delay.