Why do you believe what you believe? Learn how to create a spiritual resume so that you can stay focused on God’s faithfulness during hard times.
WHERE DO YOU FIND YOUR HOPE?
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.”
1 Peter 3:15
I was always intimidated by this Bible verse—to me it meant that I needed to have all the answers—to prove why my religion was the one true religion, to prove why Jesus is really the Son of God—but the deeper I grew in my faith, I realized, relationship with Jesus is intensely personal. It’s not about winning debates or proving others wrong. It’s about grace and love and humility. Your relationship with faith is about surrender and kindness and all the things that you can’t necessarily show in a science experiment.
Faith is at the heart of all religion. It’s something you have to experience—personally—and can’t always be explained. So don’t take this verse as something you’re intimidated by, take it as an opportunity to give your own personal testimony. All of these stories in your life can be compiled into a sort of “spiritual resume”.
Everyone’s story is different. Mine will not look like yours. And that’s a good thing. I want to hear your story. And you’re probably on this site because you want to hear mine.
Our stories are what reflect the goodness and glory of Jesus Christ. Tell others what he’s done in your life. Why you get up every day and keep going. Why you smile when things are still hard.
Not sure of what he’s done? Take the time to make a list of God’s faithfulness in your life. Write your stories down. You can’t tell others the reason for the hope that you have, if you’re not sure yourself.
WHAT IS A SPIRITUAL RESUME?
I have stories in my life, and so do you, of moments when my life was changed in big ways. So many, that I decided to blog about them. What do you do when something big happens to you? Do you blast it on social media, or write it quietly in a journal? Do you replay the memories in your head or draw them out in a sketchbook? Whatever you do, the memories are there.
When has something good happened in your life?
When have you seen the silver lining in something bad?
Take theses stories and write them down. Make a list, then add to it. Remind yourself of the times Jesus has brought you through something difficult or blessed you with something wonderful to keep your positive focus strong on any trials ahead. Your story, your testimony, is the answer to the reason for the hope that you have. It’s a story of God’s continued faithfulness.
REASONS FOR THE HOPE THAT I HAVE
- My worries are calmed when I go to Him in prayer.
- I find peace in my relationship with Him more than anything I can experience on Earth.
- I find purpose and meaning in my life because of His calling and direction.
- He is the reason I can be positive when Lyme is awful.
- I experience spiritual wholeness when I worship.
- I feel seen, heard and loved when I pray and read His Word.
- He’s the focus on keeping my marriage healthy.
- My faith is the motivation for raising my children with intention.
- He’s my example for a joyful, servant-filled life.
- He is my refuge, strength, song, joy, peace, hope, love, focus, passion, rock, salvation, fortress, helper, stronghold, savior, God, defender, protector, deliverer, shield, teacher, father, shepherd, friend, guide, and leader.
- He is unfailing, gentle, consistent, all-knowing, all-powerful, always present, glorious, patient, kind, good and faithful.
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him.”
Grab this FREE “The Lord Is” Verse Sheet when you subscribe to my newsletter and get access to my ENTIRE printable library full of freebies!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Now more than ever, we need to remember the reason for our own hope. This is your testimony. Refer to it when you’re feeling down–this is your strength right here!
Check out more inspirational posts here:
- Your Story is Worth Sharing
- Trusting God as a Parent when Your Child is Suffering
- Choosing Faith Over Your Fear
- How to Navigate the Bible as a “Self-Help” Resource
- Looking for the Silver Lining During Difficult Times
You’ve got this!
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES: