No snow? No problem! Create your own snow day with these cozy ideas for fun winter activities for families.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
NO SNOW? NO PROBLEM!
One of the things I miss most about living on the east coast are the snow days. We would get at least one blizzard each year and our backyard had the best sledding hill in the neighborhood! A few years ago, we took the kids to New Mexico for a weekend vacation just so that the kids could experience a real snow day. There’s something magical about waking up to freshly fallen snow.
We don’t usually get much snow here in Texas (with the exception of Snowvid 2021!), so we like to create our own snow day experience with these fun ideas:
- Have each kiddo grab a blanket and make a picnic of books about snow in the living room! Tell the kids that they have to stay on their blanket and read their own books while you get some reading done too. Add a fire and some classical music for an even cozier experience.
- Eat ice cream or make snow cones while you watch a snowy movie.
- Make snowman soup by adding three big marshmallows to your hot chocolate.
READ THESE BOOKS ABOUT SNOW
WATCH THESE SNOWY MOVIES
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Want even more fun activities this winter season? Check out my ALL my seasonal and holiday printables in this 50+ page set:
Now that you’ve got your snow day planned, check out these other posts:
- January: Print this 31 Day Bible Study on Prayer
- Print this 28 Day February Bible Study on Fasting
- The Ultimate Family Winter Bucket List Printable
- Create a Fun Valentine’s Day Itinerary for Your Family
- Creating Family Goals for the New Year
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES:
These are terrific selections for winter books for kids! I also have a section in my blog dedicated to kids Pre-K – 5th grade. I found you in the Create with Joy Linky party. I will share this.
Awesome! Will check it out!