Study the book of Luke in the Bible when you use this printable outline to discover historical events, timelines and themes.
THE BOOK OF LUKE IN THE BIBLE
The book of Luke in the Bible is written from the perspective of a doctor, detailed in its narrative and probably my favorite of all 4 gospel accounts. Luke was not an apostle of Jesus during his life, but a friend of Mark and Paul the missionary after Jesus’ resurrection. He probably got his information from the apostles he met and from living during that time period.
It’s in the book of Luke that we get to hear more about Jesus’ personal life—how John the Baptist was his cousin and the miracle of John’s birth before his own.
Luke also tells the story of Jesus as a boy getting left behind at the temple where he amazed the teachers there with his wisdom. He even includes more details of what happened during Jesus’ days on earth after his resurrection (but the gospel of John gets the award for even more info on this!).
PRINTABLES FOR THE BIBLE BOOK OF LUKE
While a lot of the stories are the same from the gospels of Matthew and Mark, I didn’t want my printable for the book of Luke in the Bible to be the same information repeated. In this printable I expand on the notes from Matthew and Mark and give you:
- The timeline of the main Roman leaders during Jesus’ life
- A breakdown of the topics covered in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount
- A list of the parables in the gospel books
- Some facts about who Luke is
- The major events in the temptation of Jesus in the desert
You can order the book of Luke printables here:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
So a few years ago, I made this Old and New Testament Summary Printable, and now I’m working my way through each book of the Bible! To get the rest of the printables, check out my Timeline Bundles for the best deal:
For more posts on Bible study, check out:
- Navigating the Books of the New Testament in Chronological Order
- Understanding the Chronological Order of the Old Testament Books
- A Complete Bible Summary of Each Book in the Old Testament
- A Simple Printable Explanation of the Book of Genesis in the Bible
- Learn the Basics from the Bible Book of Matthew
You’ve got this!
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES: