Be intentional in celebrating the holidays this year by creating a 4th of July itinerary for food, family and fun!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
CELEBRATING THE 4TH OF JULY
What a year.
I have never lived through a more intense year politically than 2020. But I still love this country. There are some things we could do better (ok a lot!), but every day I wake up in a country where I am free. I can be a Christian without persecution. I can be a woman who can vote and work or stay home with my kids.
It seems like our country is a mess sometimes, but the truth is, the world is a mess! We were never meant to live in conflict, and I believe as Christians we are called to be peacemakers and show the world what a little bit of heaven on earth looks like.
Thank the Lord we can worship him freely in this country of ours! We may be broken, but we are not without hope. Let’s celebrate what it means to be blessed to be an American this year.
IDEAS FOR YOUR 4TH OF JULY
Here are a few fun ideas to create a holiday your family can celebrate together!
1. Play in the Water
You may not have a pool, but finding a way to cool off in the summer is a must! Here are a few of our favorite ways:
- Buy a blow up pool
- Have a water balloon fight (Have you seen these new ones? They are SO much easier than what we had when I was little)
- Have a water gun fight
- Play in the sprinkler
- Have the littles play with a water table
- Install a misting cooling system (we’ve talked about buying one of these this summer)
2. Eat American Food
Think barbecue this 4th of July. What can you throw on the grill for dad to cook? Here are few ideas:
- Hotdogs and hamburgers
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Don’t forget sides and desserts!
- American Flag Fruit Tray
- Summer Salad
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Strawberry and Blueberry Shortcake
- Popsicles and Ice Cream
3. Wear Red, White and Blue
We always love a good dress up day! Old Navy never disappoints with their 4th of July t-shirts, so this year we’ll have to grab a few!
4. Make an American Flag Craft
Just a quick search on Pinterest and you’ll have more than enough ideas to keep the kids busy! Here’s what I’ve found.
5. Play “America Land”
Download my “America Land” board game for a fun family activity! Use coins for playing pieces and a dice to roll.
6. Say the Pledge and Sing the National Anthem
7. Watch Fireworks
Some of my favorite memories as a kid were going to the local high school to watch the fireworks show. If you can shoot fireworks in your neighborhood, we love sparklers and the fireworks that stay on the ground. Ask for suggestions at your local fireworks stand.
8. Listen to Patriotic Music
Every party’s more fun with a good soundtrack! Make sure to blast some good old fashioned American tunes. Here’s a playlist I found on Spotify: 4th of July BBQ
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
For more holiday activities and family fun, check out these other posts:
- 15 Ways to Celebrate Dad This Father’s Day
- Celebrate Easter With These Fun Family Activities
- How to Throw a First Day of Summer Party To Bring Closure To Your Child’s School Year
- How to Celebrate Halloween at Home This Year with Your Family
- Create a Fun Thanksgiving Day Itinerary for Your Family
Happy 4th of July!
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES: