Create your own snow day with this cozy list of books and movies to keep your winter blues at bay as you’re stuck indoors this month.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
NO SNOW? NO PROBLEM!
One of the things I miss most about living on the east coast are the snow days. We would get at least one blizzard each year and our backyard had the best sledding hill in the neighborhood! This year, we took the kids to New Mexico for a weekend vacation just so that the kids could experience a real snow day. There’s something magical about waking up to freshly fallen snow.
So while I’m wishing for ANY amount of snow over here in Texas, you’d better believe we’re celebrating it anyway.
Create your own snow day experience with these fun ideas:
- Have each kiddo grab a blanket and make a picnic of books about snow in the living room! Tell the kids that they have to stay on their blanket and read their own books while you get some reading done too. Add a fire and some classical music for an even cozier experience.
- No snow where you live? Eat ice cream or make snow cones while you watch a snowy movie.
- Make snowman soup by adding three big marshmallows to your hot chocolate.
KID BOOKS ABOUT SNOW
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Now that you’ve got your snow day planned, check out these other posts:
- January Pinterest Round-Up: Cozy Soups and Winter Crafts for the Family
- How to Decorate Your Home This January
- The Ultimate Family Winter Bucket List Printable
- 3 Ways to Practice Self-Care This Holiday
- February Books, Movies and a Free Music Playlist on Spotify!
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES: