Teach your kids the fruit of the spirit from Galatians 5:22-23 with this printable 10 week workbook.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY “THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT”?
One of the best pieces of advice I was given from a seasoned parent was to make the Fruit of the Spirit our family rules. At the time, I knew the phrase but didn’t remember what they were or where to find them in the Bible.
My husband and I helped teach a kindergarten class one summer and we learned the Fruit of the Spirit song. I loved the simplicity and ease of teaching a complex subject like the Holy Spirit when I applied the verse of Galatians 5:22-23 to my family:
“For the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
I even included it in my Family Goals Poster I created years ago. But to simply tell children (especially little children) to be these things is not enough. We have to model these behaviors and teach our kids what it looks like to be kind, faithful, good, gentle and to practice self-control.
MODELING GALATIANS 5:22-23
Here are a few examples you can use to model the Fruit of the Spirit to your children:
- LOVE: the next time you celebrate a birthday in your family, explain why you honor that person
- JOY: model how to make the best of a bad situation by pointing out what you are thankful for
- PEACE: try not to raise your voice with your spouse in front of the kids, showing that you can disagree and still be kind
- PATIENCE: when you are stuck in traffic, be aware of how you’re acting about it in front of the kids
- KINDNESS: next time you see a homeless person offer to pray with them, give them food or money
- GOODNESS: be honest with your kids about something you struggle with, but tell them that you choose to do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do
- FAITHFULNESS: tell your kids about a time it was hard to trust God and why you did anyway, then pray together
- GENTLENESS: it’s hard not to yell when your kids are disobeying, but it gets a better result when you speak calmly the next time they get angry
- SELF-CONTROL: point out to your kids that you really want all the cookies in the box, but you only have two for dessert because it’s not healthy for your body to eat lots of junk food
FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT WORKBOOK FOR KIDS
I’ve created a 10 week workbook for kids on the Fruit of the Spirit that you can use at home! The product is a digital download, so you can buy once, and print a workbook for each of your children! The best way to use these are to put the pages in a 3 ring binder, in a folder or simply staple them all together.
The first week introduces all the Fruits of the Spirit with a:
- Galatians 5:22-23 coloring page
- Cover page for your child’s name
- Tree and fruit of the spirit cut and glue page
Each of the following weeks teaches one Fruit of the Spirit with a:
- Memory verse page with visuals and activities for memorizing the scripture
- Choice board with 6 activities to practice that week’s skill
- Bible story lesson with drawing and writing page
- Journal prompt for reflecting on how they applied that skill during the week
ORDER YOUR FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT WORKBOOK
Print this instant download for a 40-page workbook on the Fruit of the Spirit. Includes 10 weeks of Bible-based challenges to help you teach your child about the 9 Fruit of the Spirit based on Galatians 5:22-23 (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control).
- Cover Page for your child’s name
- Galatians 5:22-23 Coloring Page
- 9 Themed Choice Boards
- 9 Bible Story discussion prompts
- Fruit of the Spirit cut and color activity tree
- 9 Memory Verse Pages with activities
- 9 Journaling Pages for Weekly Reflection
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
I love creative ways to teach kids about the Bible and I look forward to sharing more of these with you this year. For more posts like this, check out:
- Teach Your Kids Responsibility and Make Cleaning Fun with These Chore Ideas
- Create a Story Tree as You Countdown to Easter
- Teach Your Kids Gratitude this Thanksgiving
- Teach Your Kids Independence with this Printable Play Chart
- 5 Tips for Teaching Your Children the Reason for the Season This Christmas
You’ve got this!
WANT TO LIVE YOUR DAYS WITH MORE INTENTION? SIGN UP HERE TO GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES: