6 AWESOME CHARITIES TO SUPPORT
This Christmas season, check out these charities that sell handmade items! The proceeds go to help support those in poverty. Give a meaningful gift to a loved one as you tell them how their present also helped someone in need!
These charities supply basic items such as food and shelter as well as rescuing women and children from sex trafficking! I hope you’ll be inspired to support them today.
1. TOMS: “Every TOMS purchase enables us to invest in local partners around the world who are working to create positive change.”
2. ETERNAL THREADS: Large selection of handmade items sold “giving hope to families in poverty and young women rescued from trafficking by providing sustainable livelihoods through income-generating projects”.
3. WORLD VISION: Purchase these beautiful kitchen items to support this “Christian humanitarian organization helping children, families, and their communities overcome poverty and injustice”.
4. AMAZIMA: If you read Kisses From Katie, this is the girl who started a ministry in her teens and ended up adopting 13 daughters in Uganda. Her second book is on my reading list! Lots of items to purchase for supporting her efforts in Africa.
5. KARAMA COLLECTION: My friend gave me a bracelet from this collection and each one comes with a note. Mine said, “These works of art are created in tiny mud and tin houses in the largest slum in Africa. Your purchase shares dignity and purposeful work with artisans in Kibera, Kenya.”
6. SOS INTERNATIONAL: Jewelry items “made by women rescued from slavery. All proceeds go to help rescue more at-risk women and children.”
BEFORE YOU GO…
Thank you for supporting these awesome charities! One of my favorite charities I’ve been with for years is World Vision. You can also sponsor a child as a family, write them letters and send presents throughout the year as a present to your children.
Our family has really enjoyed sponsoring a sweet little girl named Moonlight and it’s a great way to teach our children gratitude and humility. They also love being able to pick out livestock for Christmas presents from the gift catalog to send to our sponsored family!